Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Livewire

I missed Bruteforce, the first band to play in the livewire competition. I saw them live atleast a couple of times earlier and loved some of their covers but never enjoyed their original compositions all that much. Hypnosis was amazing. It was really nice to see good, solid rock and roll (meaning Hendrix) in the livewire finals. The band's originals were very good too. If my memory serves me right, one of them was called Walk Away and it rocked. This was the number one band of the night for me which my made my visit to the open air theater worth it. Next up were Skincold, a nu-metal act, who were playing in livewire finals for the second time. I think they were called off stage before their time was up, as is generally the case with most rock shows around here. The band played two originals and was tight but not brilliant. The vocalist could have been better.

The pro bands were to play next. Demonic Resurrection played three of their most popular songs in the order Darkness Descends, Frozen Portrait and Apocalyptic Dawn. The drummer was all over the place. JP no longer plays drums for the band if you did not know. Sahil blabbered something about this guy, Vikram, who flew all the way from some place to play with them that night. Sahil's vocals were extremely bad in my opinion. Although I really love the band, I thought this was one of their no-so-good gigs I attended until now. Themclones came next and played a few pointless originals and some bad covers including the sacred RATM tracks Freedom and Killing in the name of. The singer can't sing for nuts and on top of that he tried acting really "pro" by throwing water on the crowd and using profanities on stage. The unoriginal swashbuckling heroes of Indian rock, Parikrama were up next. They were accompanied by a violinist and a percussionist this time. They belted out some regurgitated bullshit to please the crowd which was so eager to listen to their messed up Led Zeppelin, Floyd, Coldplay and AC DC covers. I wish they stopped playing music for the sake of music. I left the auditorium after their second song, but fell prey to their aural crap while I was trying to eat something at a nearby canteen. Overall, a very average Livewire yet again from the Mood Indigo team.

No comments: